The Dark Mod Forums

Things that could be improved

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There is no safe way to knock someone out in real life. Not with a bump on the head, not with choking. Even using a poison dart dipped in some anaesthetic would not be safe, because anaesthetics need

I find the skill in blackjacking should lie in maneuvering yourself into a position where you can knockout an AI and hide the body without getting detected by other AIs. Once you’re in that position,

Many things in TDM seem minor until you try to make them happen. Most times you sink into quicksand.

Posted Images

We had the idea once to have a rating system inside the game ,and it could have number of times downloaded/played. The votes would be collected on this server, and I suppose it could have mirrors, just like the other downloads. But it's not such a big thing since you can usually get an idea about it just by searching the forum.

• Like 2

What do you see when you turn out the light? I can't tell you but I know that it's mine.

2 hours ago, demagogue said:

But it's not such a big thing since you can usually get an idea about it just by searching the forum.

Quite right. Might take more work than it’s worth, but how bout the other sorting categories, would those be easier? Just wishful thinking, minor quality of life type of thing.

As my father used to say, "A grenade a day keeps the enemy at bay!"

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know if it's been suggested already, but I thought it could be helpful to have the player's weapons and ammo (arrow types) appear on the inventory screen, maybe along the bottom opposite the loot at the top, or on the left-hand side opposite the scroll buttons (when the inventory is full of enough stuff). It would spare the player hitting all the number keys to check what they have and what the don't if it were just summarized visually on the inventory screen,. Maybe clicking on the ammo types with the cursor could also switch to that weapon/ammo-type like hitting the corresponding number key.

Here's a a crude mock-up of what I mean.

Spoiler

eJy7nfw.jpg

The exact layout of the text and icons isn't important, so long as it consolidates the information on one screen.

• Like 3

Legitimate good idea. There have been a lot of times I'll want to know if I have rope arrows and not be 100% sure which number it is, so I just start pushing all of them. I'll second that motion.

• Like 1

What do you see when you turn out the light? I can't tell you but I know that it's mine.

That is a good idea. You could have just a set of small icons, like arrow head types with a number next to them. This way it would fit in the upper left or right corner of the inventory screen. Some games have such info displayed in vertical order, on the left or right side of the screen.

Edited by peter_spy